Despite the large number of different protection systems, security policies and vulnerability scanners, penetration testing is one of the most effective methods for obtaining an independent assessment of the security of your organization, infrastructure and the level of security awareness of your employees when faced with threats.
Organizations do all they can to protect their critical cyber assets, but they don’t always systematically test their defenses. To provide this service, CyberSecuriosity security experts simulate the techniques and procedures of real world attackers targeting your high-risk cyber assets and try to break through to get better understanding of current security level.
CyberSecuriosity can help you with the following types of a penetration test:
- Web application
- Mobile application
- Network environment (external perimeter, internal infrastructure)
- Social engineering activities
- OSINT (including dark web research)
Penetration Test approach can be based on one of three models:
- Black Box (we know nearly nothing)
- Grey Box (we provide us with credentials and some information)
- White Box (you provide us with everything: network topology, application documentation, security policies etc)
Or even be a mix of Black Box and Grey Box models!
Penetration testing helps to identify weaknesses in systems (external perimeter, internal infrastructure) with the help of commonly used methodologies such as OWASP Testing Guide, NIST 800-115, PTES, OSSTMM, good set of tools and our experience. Additionally we can find weaknesses among employees using the methods of social engineering and in-depth research of the Internet for the information associated with the target company and possible data leaks. So you can see what a potential attacker can do, reduce the number of blind spots, as well as increase the level of security of your company.
Our pentest methodology is based on the following steps:
- Pre-attack Phase
- Defining scope of work
- Defining offender model
- Defining rules of engagement
- Attack Phase
- Active scanning: systems identification & services enumeration
- Manual results validation
- Vulnerability scanning
- Manual results validation
- Manual penetration testing
- Results consolidation
- Final verification
- Excluding false positives
- Results analysis, preparing recommendations
- Compiling final report
At the end of the penetration testing process, we provide our customers with the following artifacts:
- Brief description based on the achieved results and findings.
- Detailed final report with the list of all findings, descriptions and recommendations.
- Executive summary report containing only brief description of the results (can be shared with your customers and easy to understand for C-level).
- Support during your remediation process.
- List of tools used on the project.
Penetration testing as a requirement
It can be useful not only to be aware of the potential risks and weaknesses of your infrastructure or company, but also it is one of the mandatory requirements for compliance with the requirements of different standards like PCI DSS, HIPAA, GDPR, SOC 2 and audits.
In most cases, penetration testing is mandatory at least once a year, and it is also recommended to scan for vulnerabilities at least once every 3 months. For example, in the case of PCI DSS, penetration testing helps reduce the risks of financial information leakage, and in the case of HIPAA, it helps to determine the degree of medical data protection.
There are numerous benefits of employing penetration testing
Detect and arrange security threats
Organizations can more efficiently anticipate emergent security threats and avoid unauthorized access to crucial information and critical systems through executing regular and complete penetration testing.
The complete reports produced by the penetration tests can assist organizations in evading substantial penalties for non-compliance and let them illustrate ongoing due diligence into assessors by maintaining required security controls to auditors.
Protect customer loyalty and company image
Penetration testing and vulnerability assessment helps an organization avoid data incidents that may put the company’s reputation and reliability at stake.
Circumvent the rate of network downtime
Penetration testing supports an organization to evade financial setbacks by proactively detecting and addressing threats before security breaches or attacks take place.
Service disturbances and Security breaches are expensive
Penetration testing helps your organization avoid IT infrastructure invasions and also it is better for your business to proactively maintain its security than to face extreme losses, both to its brand equity and to its financial stability.
To get a quote – please, fill and submit the form on the right of the page. Provide us wit the following information:
- It is recommended to use questionnaire (link available above the form).
- Let us know your preferred testing approach (Black Box / Grey Box / White Box).
- Provide us with the number and type of assets in scope (i.e.: 5 IP addresses, 2 web applications, 1 mobile application, /24 subnet etc).
- In case you’ll have any questions – contact us directly through the email (we usually respond within 2-4 hours).
- You can try to see the approximate project duration with the help of our pentest calculator!